Accessibility Handbook (pdf)
Fabrikant: O'Reilly Media
Waarschuwing: laatste item(s) op voorraad!
|subtitel||Making 508 Compliant Websites|
Get practical guidelines for making your website accessible to people with disabilities. With this handbook, you’ll learn how to design or develop a site that conforms to Section 508 of the US Rehabilitation Act—and in the process you’ll discover how to provide a better user experience for everyone.
The Accessibility Handbook introduces you to several audiences that have difficulty using today’s complex websites, including people with blindness, hearing loss, physical disabilities, and cognitive disorders. Learn how to support assistive technologies, and understand which fonts, colors, page layouts, and other design elements work best—without having to exclude advanced functions, hire outside help, or significantly increase overhead.
Develop solutions that accommodate:
- Complete blindness. Create a logical document flow to support screen readers
- Low vision and color blindness. Optimize images and color schemes, and ensure your site enlarges gracefully
- Hearing impairment. Provide video captions and visual alerts for interactive features
- Physical disabilities. Make forms, popups, and navigation easier to use
- Cognitive disorders. Adapt fonts and text styles for dyslexic users, and design consistent, well-organized pages for people with ADHD