Client-Side Data Storage (epub3)
Fabrikant: O'Reilly Media
Waarschuwing: laatste item(s) op voorraad!
|subtitel||Keeping It Local|
One of the most useful features of today’s modern browsers is the ability to store data right on the user’s computer or mobile device. Even as more people move toward the cloud, client-side storage can still save web developers a lot of time and money, if you do it right. This hands-on guide demonstrates several storage APIs in action. You’ll learn how and when to use them, their plusses and minuses, and steps for implementing one or more of them in your application.
- Learn how different browsers support each client-side storage API
- Work with web (aka local) storage for simple things like lists or preferences
- Use IndexedDB to store nearly anything you want on the user’s browser
- Learn how support web apps that still use the discontinued Web SQL Database API
- Explore Lockr, Dexie, and localForage, three libraries that simplify the use of storage APIs
- Build a simple working application that makes use of several storage techniques