OpenShift for Developers (pdf)
Fabrikant: O'Reilly Media
Waarschuwing: laatste item(s) op voorraad!
|subtitel||A Guide for Impatient Beginners|
|auteur(s)||Grant Shipley, Graham Dumpleton|
Keen to build web applications for the cloud? Get a quick hands-on introduction to OpenShift, the open source Platform as a Service (PaaS) offering from Red Hat. With this practical guide, you’ll learn the steps necessary to build, deploy, and host a complete real-world application on OpenShift without having to slog through long, detailed explanations of the technologies involved.
OpenShift enables you to use Docker application containers and the Kubernetes cluster manager to automate the way you create, ship, and run applications. Through the course of the book, you’ll learn how to use OpenShift and the Wildfly application server to build and then immediately deploy a Java application online.
- Learn about OpenShift’s core technology, including Docker-based containers and Kubernetes
- Use a virtual machine with OpenShift installed and configured on your local environment
- Create and deploy your first application on the OpenShift platform
- Add language runtime dependencies and connect to a database
- Trigger an automatic rebuild and redeployment when you push changes to the repository
- Get a working environment up in minutes with application templates
- Use commands to check and debug your application
- Create and build Docker-based images for your application