Programming for PaaS (pdf)
Fabrikant: O'Reilly Media
Waarschuwing: laatste item(s) op voorraad!
|subtitel||A Practical Guide to Coding for Platform-as-a-Service|
Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) is gaining serious traction among web and mobile developers, but as new PaaS providers emerge and existing vendors upgrade their features, it’s hard to keep track of what PaaS has to offer. This thorough introduction takes you through the PaaS model from a developer’s point of view, and breaks down the types of services that Google App Engine, Windows Azure, Heroku, Cloud Foundry, and others deliver.
Whether you’re an entrepreneur or part of a large enterprise development team, this book shows you how PaaS can help you focus on innovative applications, rather than spend your time worrying about technical operations.
- Track the cloud’s evolution from IaaS and DevOps to PaaS
- Learn how PaaS combines the simplicity of shared web hosting with the control of dedicated hosting
- Explore the benefits of both portable and non-portable PaaS options
- Apply best practices for moving legacy apps to PaaS—and understand the challenges involved
- Write new applications for PaaS from scratch with RESTful meta-services
- Use PaaS to build mobile apps with backend services that scale
- Examine the core services that each major provider currently offers
- Learn the situations in which PaaS might not be advantageous