Prototype to Product (pdf)
Fabrikant: O'Reilly Media
Waarschuwing: laatste item(s) op voorraad!
|subtitel||A Practical Guide for Getting to Market|
Product development is the magic that turns circuitry, software, and materials into a product, but moving efficiently from concept to manufactured product is a complex process with many potential pitfalls. This practical guide pulls back the curtain to reveal what happens—or should happen—when you take a product from prototype to production.
For makers looking to go pro or product development team members keen to understand the process, author Alan Cohen tracks the development of an intelligent electronic device to explain the strategies and tactics necessary to transform an abstract idea into a successful product that people want to use.
- Learn 11 deadly sins that kill product development projects
- Get an overview of how electronic products are manufactured
- Determine whether your idea has a good chance of being profitable
- Narrow down the product’s functionality and associated costs
- Generate requirements that describe the final product’s details
- Select your processor, operating system, and power sources
- Learn how to comply with safety regulations and standards
- Dive into development—from rapid prototyping to manufacturing
Alan Cohen, a veteran systems and software engineering manager and lifelong technophile, specializes in leading the development of medical devices and other high-reliability products. His passion is to work with engineers and other stakeholders to forge innovative technologies into successful products.