SQL in a Nutshell 3rd ed (pdf)
Fabrikant: O'Reilly Media
Waarschuwing: laatste item(s) op voorraad!
|subtitel||A Desktop Quick Reference Guide|
|auteur(s)||Kevin Kline, Daniel Kline, Brand Hunt|
For programmers, analysts, and database administrators, SQL in a Nutshell is the essential reference for the SQL language used in today's most popular database products. This new edition clearly documents every SQL command according to the latest ANSI standard, and details how those commands are implemented in Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Oracle 11g, and the MySQL 5.1 and PostgreSQL 8.3 open source database products. You'll also get a concise overview of the Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) model, and a clear-cut explanation of foundational RDBMS concepts -- all packed into a succinct, comprehensive, and easy-to-use format. This book provides:
- Background on the Relational Database Model, including current and previous SQL standards
- Fundamental concepts necessary for understanding relational databases and SQL commands
- An alphabetical command reference to SQL statements, according to the SQL2003 ANSI standard
- The implementation of each command by MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and SQL Server
- An alphabetical reference of the ANSI SQL2003 functions, as well as the vendor implementations
- Platform-specific functions unique to each implementation
Beginning where vendor documentation ends, SQL in a Nutshell distills the experiences of professional database administrators and developers who have used SQL variants to support complex enterprise applications. Whether SQL is new to you, or you've been using SQL since its earliest days, you'll get lots of new tips and techniques in this book.