Test-Driven Infrastructure with Chef 2nd ed (pdf)
Fabrikant: O'Reilly Media
Waarschuwing: laatste item(s) op voorraad!
|subtitel||Bring Behavior-Driven Development to Infrastructure as Code|
Since Test-Driven Infrastructure with Chef first appeared in mid-2011, infrastructure testing has begun to flourish in the web ops world. In this revised and expanded edition, author Stephen Nelson-Smith brings you up to date on this rapidly evolving discipline, including the philosophy driving it and a growing array of tools. You’ll get a hands-on introduction to the Chef framework, and a recommended toolchain and workflow for developing your own test-driven production infrastructure.
Several exercises and examples throughout the book help you gain experience with Chef and the entire infrastructure-testing ecosystem. Learn how this test-first approach provides increased security, code quality, and peace of mind.
- Explore the underpinning philosophy that infrastructure can and should be treated as code
- Become familiar with the MASCOT approach to test-driven infrastructure
- Understand the basics of test-driven and behavior-driven development for managing change
- Dive into Chef fundamentals by building an infrastructure with real examples
- Discover how Chef works with tools such as Virtualbox and Vagrant
- Get a deeper understanding of Chef by learning Ruby language basics
- Learn the tools and workflow necessary to conduct unit, integration, and acceptance tests