Windows 2000 Pro: The Missing Manual (epub3)
Fabrikant: O'Reilly Media
Waarschuwing: laatste item(s) op voorraad!
|subtitel||The Missing Manual|
Windows 2000 Pro combines the friendly interface of Windows 98 with the famous stability of Windows NT. Windows 2000, the successor to NT, introduces many technologies that weren't available in NT, including Plug-and-Play, support for USB devices, power management features, and more. It's 25% faster than Windows 98 and three times as stable. Unfortunately, despite all the enhancements, Microsoft forgot to address one of NT's most glaring omissions: Windows 2000 doesn't include a printed user's manual.In Windows 2000 Pro: The Missing Manual, bestselling Windows NT author Sharon Crawford provides the ideal (and desperately needed) user's guide for the world's most popular corporate operating system. The book covers:
- Getting started. The early chapters cover using menus, finding lost files, reducing window clutter, and taming the wild Start menu.
- What's what. A complete guide, this book explains the purpose of every Control Panel item, accessory program, and maintenance tool.
- Mastering the network. Special chapters help you navigate the corporate network, dial in from the road, and even set up your own small-office (peer-to-peer) network, step by step.
- Understanding security. User accounts, file encryption, and the NTFS file system keep your private files private, while still offering network access to coworkers you specify.
- Flying the Net. This book demystifies the rich Internet suite of Windows 2000 Pro: its email, newsgroup, Web-browsing, and video conferencing programs.